Wednesday 28 September 2016

Satisfaction guaranteed

I have been frequently asked as to why I create what I create. What is in it for the creator to create such delicate pieces and sell it off to adorn someone else’s house? What is the charm of making things for others when you hardly wear any of it? Why do I create?
There are numerous reasons like-
·         To feed the creative side
·         To pass the time
·         To earn extra mullah
·         If I know it I must create it
But above all it is the Satisfaction, I get when I convert something from my mind to what is in front of me. I am sure crafters, writers and in general all artists create with only for a sense of satisfaction in their mind. The relief and excitement, the elation and the acknowledgment of creation is not only empowering but also humbling.
When I get to try something new, something that I learned recently, either from a book or a video or even a tutorial, I feel this urge to try it. The never ending urges to twirl the paper and quill. Turn into a desired shape and continue with the experiment.
On the way there are many highs and lows (believe me I have wasted a lot). When I come out with a piece that is not only acknowledged but also appreciated, I am sure my fellow artists would agree that it was all worth it. The paper cuts and the wasted material along with failed attempts are all worth it!

The sense of satisfaction and achievement is beyond words can describe. So pick up your tool of choice and continue working towards that sense of satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment